As a cereal, rice is widely eaten in Asia including India. Rice is eaten in all parts of India in hundreds of different ways, with different things and curries, but the one thing that remains the same throughout the country is their mutual love for rice.
It is grown in the northern states of India like Punjab, Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh etc. where rain fall is higher than other states. There are many categories of rice as well, but the most popular in India is Basmati Rice.
The word ‘bas’ means aroma and ‘mati’ means full of. Therefore, the term Basmati means ‘full of aroma’.
Listed down below are some of the facts about our favourite Basmati rice:
- Basmati rice is long-grained rice which looks and smells beautiful if cooked properly.
- Haryana is the largest cultivator of Basmati rice.
- The longer this rice is stored, the better it tastes. It needs from 90-200 days to mature.
- Basmati rice is rich in carbohydrates and has less fat than other categories of rice which encourages physical activity.
- Not just Basmati rice but rice, in general, are considered a symbol of prosperity in Hindu religion that is why they are thrown by brides at weddings.
- There are more than 10 varieties of Basmati rice in India.
- Basmati rice is gluten free.
- As per the survey done in 2014, India exports about 60% of Basmati rice to the world.
There are various companies who claim their rice to be the best basmati rice in India. For eg: India Gate Basmati Rice, Daawat Basmati Rice, Pansaari Basmati rice etc. which promise the best quality rice. Basmati rice shopping online can be done at Delhi’s largest online grocery store, BazaarCart.
|Price Comparison Table|
|MRP (Rs)||BazaarCart Price (Rs)||Quantity||Savings||Savings (Rs)|
|India Gate Basmati Rice Mogra||680||510||10 Kg||25%||170|
|Pansari tasty Basmati Rice||800||600||10 Kg||25%||200|
|Elina Basmati Rice||860||580||5 Kg||32%||280|
Visit https://www.bazaarcart.com/collections/rice for the widest collection of Basmati rice at discounted prices.