Who doesn’t love desi ghee? The goodness of desi ghee on hot paranthas or a bowl of gajar ka halwa can make anyone drool! When people visit Rajasthan, a generous amount of ghee is served with the traditional dishes. Ah! For the love of ghee, you must have a large container of this yummy ingredient in your kitchen.
Ghee is often deemed as the ingredient which creates an obstacle in our weight loss journey! It is a myth that ghee makes us fat. Pure ghee is beneficial for your health in a number of ways. If you have it in the right proportion, it could be very healthy for you. You may wish to know the benefits of this super food! Before going through the benefits, you must take a look at how it is made and what it really is!
What is Desi Ghee?
Desi ghee is basically known as clarified butter. It is made with cow or buffalo milk. It was invented thousands of years ago and has innumerable health benefits. In order to make clarified butter, one needs to heat fresh cream and let the milk solids separate. You will get glistening ghee after the milk solids have separated. You get a nutty, brown, yummy and aromatic substance at the end!
Since we live in a competitive and fast-paced world, it is difficult to make fresh clarified butter. The good news is that you can buy it from a store. The key is to buy authentic and good quality clarified butter. You can also opt for organic ghee which is excellent for your health!
The Benefits of Desi Ghee
There are innumerable desi ghee benefits and they are listed below. Take a quick look!
• Clarified butter or ghee is free from lactose and salt. If people have lactose intolerance, they can consume clarified butter. There will be no side effects.
• Pure ghee is easy to digest. In fact it stimulates the digestive process. Most people believe that it causes weight gain but since it is easy to digest, it can help you to lose weight.
• It boosts the function of your brain.
• The ingredient is rich in vitamins! It includes Vitamin A, D, E and K. This promotes brain and bone health.
• You would be happy to know that by consuming ghee, it helps in lowering cholesterol level. It helps to increase the secretion of biliary lipids.
• The ingredient has a high smoke point. It is better than ghee on multiple levels.
• It helps in reducing inflammation. It creates an alkaline system which reduces inflammation.
• The ingredient helps in strengthening your bones. This is due to the presence of Vitamin K.
How to enjoy the nutty and smoky flavour of ghee?
If you wish to enjoy the flavour of ghee, you must eat dishes like ghee rice or pour the clarified butter on hot paranthas. Ghee rice has 168 calories and you can enjoy it with bottle-guard curd raita. Most people enjoy sweet dishes with lots of ghee. It takes the flavour to the next level!
Making fresh ghee at home can be a difficult task but you can find ready-made products in the market. Always buy the best quality pure ghee!